- About Us
- The AcSEED Initiative
- The AcSEED Award
Friday 23rd March 2018
11th March 2018
AcSEED is looking for enthusiastic individuals with a passion for improving young people's mental health and wellbeing to help drive the next phase of our growth.
11th July 2017
Read The AcSEED Newsletter for July 2017.
24th July 2016
Congratulations to The Sixth Form College Farnborough in Hampshire ...
25th March 2016
Congratulations to The Beacon PRU in Redditch, Worcestershire ...
25th March 2016
Congratulations to Lordswood Girls' School in Harborne, Birmingham ...
25th March 2016
Congratulations to Cedars Upper School in Leighton Buzzard, Bedfordshire ...
AcSEED Newsletter Editor
Posted on 11th March 2018
|Volunteer role||AcSEED Newsletter Editor|
|Type||Unpaid voluntary role|
|Hours||This role requires a minimum of 6 hours per week (flexible working)|
AcSEED believes that young people's emotional development is equally important as their academic progression, and recognises the importance of children developing into well-rounded and resilient individuals. The AcSEED Initiative (AcSEED) was founded by young people with lived experience of emotional wellbeing challenges at school, and is exclusively focussed on improving the emotional wellbeing and mental health support provided to young people in all UK schools and colleges.
With schools in more than 30 UK counties working towards AcSEED accreditation for emotional wellbeing and mental health support, we are seeking enthusiastic individuals with a passion for improving young people's mental health and wellbeing to help drive the next phase of AcSEED's growth.
Purpose of the Role
A key role of AcSEED is to facilitate the sharing of best practices in the domain of emotional wellbeing and mental health support in schools and colleges. The AcSEED Newsletter is the primary mechanism for achieving this goal, and is published once per school term. This role is to collate information and articles for the newsletter, and to edit the content in preparation for publication.
This role reports to the AcSEED Director of Operations. Appropriate in-house training will be provided.
- Plan newsletter content and structure.
- Collate relevant news and articles.
- Liaise with schools/colleges and relevant individuals/organisations to co-ordinate newsletter contributions.
- Liaise with AcSEED staff to collate information and articles to be included in newsletters.
- Contribute newsletter articles as and when appropriate.
- Construct and edit newsletters.
- Co-ordinate reviewing of newsletter content prior to publication.
- Trigger publication of newsletters.
- Co-ordinate the AcSEED response to any newsletter questions and feedback.
- Contribute to improvements in the AcSEED newsletter format, content, and distribution.
Required Qualities, Experience, and skills
- Awareness of, and passion for, improving emotional wellbeing and mental health support in schools and colleges.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience in writing for a targeted audience.
- Ability to access and use suitable word processing tools and email from your intended work location.
- Ability to work independently, and to work cooperatively within a team environment.
Desirable Qualities, Experience, and Skills
- Experience in young people's mental health and wellbeing.
- Experience of school or college environments.
- Experience of working or volunteering with a charitable organisation.
Length of Appointment
Volunteers are subject to a probationary period of 3 months. The role is ongoing and will be reviewed annually.
How to Apply
Please apply by sending an email to email@example.com. Your application should include:
- The role ID and role title you are applying for.
- A description of your relevant knowledge and experience (an attached CV would be ideal) and how this helps you to satisfy the requirements of the role.
- Any additional skills and value you can bring to the organisation.
Please also include the names and contact details (preferably email) of 2 referees, at least one of whom is aware of your relevant experience.
You may apply for multiple volunteer roles if you have sufficient time available. In this case please state all role IDs that you want to be considered for in your application.