- About Us
- The AcSEED Initiative
- The AcSEED Award
Monday 12th November 2018
This is how we share information and good practices relating to mental health and wellbeing support in schools and colleges
20th May 2018
Read The AcSEED Newsletter for May 2018.
11th March 2018
AcSEED is looking for enthusiastic individuals with a passion for improving young people's mental health and wellbeing to help drive the next phase of our growth.
11th July 2017
Read The AcSEED Newsletter for July 2017.
24th July 2016
Congratulations to The Sixth Form College Farnborough in Hampshire ...
25th March 2016
Congratulations to The Beacon PRU in Redditch, Worcestershire ...
25th March 2016
Congratulations to Lordswood Girls' School in Harborne, Birmingham ...
25th March 2016
Congratulations to Cedars Upper School in Leighton Buzzard, Bedfordshire ...
Digital Communications Officer
Posted on 11th March 2018
|Volunteer role||Digital Communications Officer|
|Type||Unpaid voluntary role|
|Hours||This role requires a minimum of 6 hours per week (flexible working)|
AcSEED believes that young people's emotional development is equally important as their academic progression, and recognises the importance of children developing into well-rounded and resilient individuals. The AcSEED Initiative (AcSEED) was founded by young people with lived experience of emotional wellbeing challenges at school, and is exclusively focussed on improving the emotional wellbeing and mental health support provided to young people in all UK schools and colleges.
With schools in more than 30 UK counties working towards AcSEED accreditation for emotional wellbeing and mental health support, we are seeking enthusiastic individuals with a passion for improving young people's mental health and wellbeing to help drive the next phase of AcSEED's growth.
Purpose of the Role
Digital media provides a key communications channel between AcSEED and a wide range of stakeholders involved in supporting young people's emotional wellbeing and mental health. This role is to drive the AcSEED digital media strategy and the associated on-line activities.
This role reports to the AcSEED Director of Operations. Appropriate in-house training will be provided.
- Develop and implement an AcSEED digital media strategy that will raise awareness of the organisation's activities and engage relevant communities.
- Manage and monitor the AcSEED social media channels which are currently based on Twitter and Facebook.
- Track relevant news and trends in the field, and share through social media with the AcSEED community.
- Utilise social media to help connect AcSEED with the wider community of organisations that contribute to the improvement of young people's mental health and wellbeing.
- Contribute to continuous improvement of the AcSEED digital media strategy and execution.
Required Qualities, Experience, and skills
- Awareness of, and passion for, improving mental health and wellbeing provisions in schools and colleges.
- Experience in using social media platforms including Twitter and Facebook.
- Awareness of the benefits and potential risks of using social media.
- Ability to access and use social media platforms from your intended work location.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and use own initiative.
Desirable Qualities, Experience, and Skills
- Experience of developing digital media or digital marketing campaigns.
- Experience working in young people's mental health and wellbeing, particularly within a school or college environment.
- Experience of working or volunteering with a charitable organisation.
Length of Appointment
Volunteers are subject to a probationary period of 3 months. The role is ongoing and will be reviewed annually.
How to Apply
Please apply by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Your application should include:
- The role ID and title you are applying for.
- A description of your relevant knowledge and experience (an attached CV would be ideal) and how this helps you to satisfy the requirements of the role.
- Any additional skills and value you can bring to the organisation.
Please also include the names and contact details (preferably email) of 2 referees, at least one of whom is aware of your relevant experience.
You may apply for multiple volunteer roles if you have sufficient time available. In this case please state all role IDs that you want to be considered for in your application.